Finance Intern Job at RusselSmith Group – RusselSmith Group, is an ISO 9001:2008 guaranteed resource respectability administration administrations organization joined to serve the requirements of the worldwide oil and gas investigation and creation industry, utilizing rope get to innovation as our primary medium of access.
A profession at RusselSmith offers you development and an opportunity to have any kind of effect.
All through our history, we have kept on helping our representatives understand their fantasies, while making open doors for them to satisfy their own and expert potential.
We are selecting to fill the position beneath:
Title: Finance Intern
Job Reference Code: RS-FIN-005
Job Type: Intern
Summary of Functions
- Keep track of the money going into and coming out of an organization. This includes monitoring the accounts payable and the accounts received, as well as tracking and cataloging the progress of invoices.
- Receives daily project progress reports for preparation and processing client invoices.
- Assists in monitoring loans and accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date
- Assists in monitoring company’s finances, setting financial priorities and creating budgetary goals.
- Responsible detecting and, where possible, correcting any financial irregularities. Codes data for input to financial systems according to company’s procedures.
- Calculating financial ratios and valuation.
- Financial analysis of company and projects; determining profitability of company and projects.
- Foreign Exchange Management
- Safety & Security the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Quality Control the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Process Compliance – Ensures departmental procedures are update and complied with.
- Document Control – Reviewing and keeping records of financial reports.
- Departmental Reports- Generate the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually reports and presentations.
- Working Capital Management
- Bank relationships Management
- Assists in matters related to funding and money management.
- Assists in the preparation for Audit – works with the account unit and prepares pertinent information for external accounting firm and auditors in strict adherence to the company’s procedures.
- Assist in the review and monitor preparation for internal audit in liaison with line supervisor
- Prints, verifies, maintains and analyzes accounts receivables reports and aging reports; expected date of revenue; actual date; days overdue.
- Prepare background worksheets and input information on Financial Planning exercises based on policy decisions made by the management team and within agreed deadlines.
- Reports and Documentations- Assists in developing and reviewing financial reports and documentations, whether internal or external. This will include tax forms, financial disclosures, and memos or letters informing relevant parties of the company’s financial state
- Provide comprehensive, effective and efficient administrative support to all departments.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned
- A university degree in Accounting or Banking & Finance preferred.
- Fresh Graduate
- 0-2 years
- One year experience inclusive of NYSC
- Planning & Project Management Skills
- Strong Analytical & Problem-Solving Skills
- Business Writing Skills
- Communication Skills – Articulation, Enunciation & Elocution
- Communication Skills – Written
- Statutory Laws & Regulations Familiarity
- Team Orientation & Spirit
- Microsoft Excel Proficiency
- Microsoft PowerPoint Proficiency
- Microsoft Word Proficiency
- Positive attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under guidelines.
- Exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
- Customer Centric Orientation
- Detail-Orientation – Meticulous, Punctilious & Conscientious
- Diplomacy, Discretion & Business Ethics
- Flexibility & Creativity Skills
- Interpersonal & Relational Skills
- Excellent Leadership & Supervisory Skills
- Excellent Numerical & Data Literacy Skills
- Planning & Project Management Skills
- Presentation Skills – Charisma, Poise, Aura & Comportment
- Ability to communicate orally with vendors, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is important. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
- Good reasoning ability is important. Able to understand and utilize accounting reports and legal documents to conduct business.
- Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply