Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Recruitment for Bilingual Secretary (WAHO) – The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a territorial gathering of fifteen West African nations. (Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Recruitment)
Established on 28 May 1975, with the marking of the Treaty of Lagos, its central goal is to advance financial combination over the district.
Thought about one of the mainstays of the African Economic Community, the association was established keeping in mind the end goal to accomplish aggregate independence for its part states by making a solitary huge exchanging alliance through a financial and exchanging association.
It additionally fills in as a peacekeeping power in the district.
The association works authoritatively in three same dialects French, English, and Portuguese.
BILINGUAL SECRETARY (WAHO)
Location: Bobodioulasso, Burkina Faso
Nature of Appointment: Permanent
Supervisor: The Director Primary Health, WAHO
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Book and schedule appointments for the Director;
- Make telephone calls, verify incoming calls to ensure their importance and possibility to respond
- Receive and guide visitors to the office of the Director;
- Create a recording system of in-coming and out-going mails; ensure archiving and filing of documents;
- Keep records of important files and documents for the Director and make them available for reference as and when needed;
- Ensure follow-up on documents submitted to the Director for signature;
- Drafts, prepares, types letters, reports, memos and general correspondence for Director
- Organise and take minutes of Meetings;
- Performs any other relevant duties as may be assigned
A minimum of Higher National Diploma or equivalent in Secretarial Administration or related field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Six (6) years work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sense of confidentiality
- Excellent operational and administrative skills
- Must be computer literate and possess excellent command of computer applications: MS-office (word, Excel, powerpoint, Access)
- Document and database management skills
- Experience in electronic and physical filing of documents
- Ability to work under pressure in a multicultural environment
Fluency (written and oral) in two of the official languages of ECOWAS: French, English and Portuguese. A
Working knowledge of the third ECOWAS language would be an advantage
Salary: UA 12,465 – UA 16,575.
Applicants should send their Applications to: [email protected]
Deadline: 9 March, 2018