Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Job Recruitment 2018 – The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a local gathering of fifteen West African nations. Established on 28 May 1975, with the marking of the Treaty of Lagos, its main goal is to advance monetary incorporation over the locale.
Thought about one of the mainstays of the African Economic Community, the association was established to accomplish aggregate independence for its part states by making a solitary extensive exchanging alliance through a financial and exchanging union.
It additionally fills in as a peacekeeping power in the area.
The association works authoritatively in three same dialects French, English, and Portuguese.
We are at present selecting for the empty position beneath:
Title: Bilingual Secretary
Location: Banjul, The Gambia
Supervisor: The Permanent Representative of the President of ECOWAS Commission to The Gambia
Duration: Contract 1 year (renewable)
- Book and schedule appointments for the Permanent Representative;
- Make telephone calls, verify incoming calls to ensure their importance and possibility to respond
- Keep records of important files and documents for the Permanent Representative and make them available for reference as and when needed;
- Ensure follow-up on documents submitted to the Permanent Representative for signature;
- Drafts, prepares, types letters, reports, memos and general correspondence for Permanent Representative;
- Organise and take minutes of Meetings;
- Receive and guide visitors to the office of the Permanent Representative;
- Create a recording system of in-coming and out-going mails; ensure archiving and filing of documents;
- Performs any other relevant duties as may be assigned
- A minimum of Higher National Diploma or equivalent in Secretarial Administration or related field.
Experience And Skills:
- Six (6) years work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sense of confidentiality
- Document and database management skills
- Experience in electronic and physical filing of documents
- Ability to work under pressure in a multicultural environment
- Excellent operational and administrative skills
- Must be computer literate and possess excellent command of computer applications: MS-office (word, Excel, powerpoint, Access)
- Fluency (written and oral) in two of the official languages of ECOWAS: French, English and Portuguese. Aworking knowledge of a third ECOWAS language would be an advantage
Annual Salary: USD 12,465 – USD 16,575
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: [email protected]
Note: Locally recruited post; candidates to this position should be a Gambian or ECOWAS citizens legally resident in The Gambia.
Deadline 9th March, 2018.