Driver Job Offer at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), Saturday 10th March 2018 – Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an autonomous universal medicinal compassionate association that conveys crisis help in excess of 60 nations to individuals influenced by equipped clash, plagues, characteristic or man-made fiascos or rejection from social insurance.
MSF-Spain is enlisting to fill the underneath position:
Reference No: LT04800
Working hours : 48 Hours Per week
Salary : As per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
Grade level: 3
Position in the Organization Reports to (Hierarchical): Log Manager
Reports to (Functional): Logistic Coordinator
Job Family: Logistics
- Perform the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, ensuring its technical and safety conditions and respecting the country’s traffic rules and MSF security rules in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service.
Provides transport according to the required project activities and needs:
- Ensuring the security of passengers and safety of goods
- Driving carefully
- Observing speed limits and traffic rules of the country
- Respecting MSF security rules
Vehicle condition and maintenance:
- Carries out daily check the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, spare parts, etc.),
- Is responsible for the presence of all equipment and documents in the vehicle (toolbox, spare tyre, rescue equipment, discharge of liability, logbook, first aid kit, maps, …)
- Performs weekly checks according to the MSF Logbook in collaboration with the mechanic.
- Refills the vehicle when necessary
- Keeps the vehicle clean (inside and outside)
- Informs supervisor when action or repairs are needed
- Assists the mechanic when working on the vehicle
- Ensures that the vehicle is always in good condition following instructions and guidelines of Logbook and carries out a handover if another driver uses the vehicle
- Is responsible for the update of the logbook; records mileage, fuel consumption, servicing, repairs, accidents, etc
- Ensures the correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, in particular:
- Loads and off loads the vehicle in good time before departure
- Submits relevant documents to the receiver of the goods
- Checks the status of delivered goods
- Returns the duly completed documents to Logistics
- Ensures that the goods have the necessary documents
- Ensures that all vehicle documents and the driver’s driving license are valid and in the vehicle
- Ensures all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and that non-MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
- Informs his/her supervisor of any incident involving the transportation of passengers or goods
- Checks security situation and road conditions before departure
- Knows and respects the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks.
- Ensures all passengers know and respect the security rules.
- Knows how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicates with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the vehicle’s position and any potential implication
- Carry out small liaison task as requested (collecting of documents, invoices, dropping of letters, ….)
- Perform duties based on the given schedule or as per the request of the supervisor.
- Essential literacy and driving license.
- Good knowledge of country roads.
- Essential 2 years minimum of previous driving experience.
- Desirable experience with specific vehicles to use (4×4, …)
- Desirable in MSF or other NGOs
- Languages: Mission language and local language essential.
- Desirable knowledge of basic mechanics
- Good knowledge of mission area roads
- Essential good vision
- Pleasant and friendly attitude at all times, ability to reflect professional standards of MSF-Spain
- Availability to travel and stay outside base overnight
- Ability to act as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work can be required according to the needs of the mission.
- The Job description is integral part of the contract; therefore, lack of compliance with the above mentioned rules may be sanctioned with disciplinary measures.
- Mobility is requested from MSF staff, including short term assignments from their usual place of work.
- The job description can be modified according to the evolution of the work.
- As a humanitarian organization involved in emergency programs all national and international MSF staff is expected to be flexible and available for emergency response activities.
- S/he should be willing to undertake other tasks as necessary and not specified in the job description, supporting the mission activities in the response to potential emergencies and cover HR gaps or needs at field level.
Interested candidates should send their CV’s and motivation letter either by email to: [email protected]
Or in person to:
Plot 394, Etong O. Obuli Street,
Off Ibrahim Idris Crescent,
Deadline 16th March, 2018.
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.