Dangote Group Recruitment for Insurance Officer (Non-Motor/Motor) – The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most enhanced assembling combinations. (Dangote Group Recruitment for Insurance Officer (Non-Motor/Motor))
The Group keeps on developing its vision of turning into the main supplier of fundamental needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with maintained market authority in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
We are enrolling to fill the position underneath:
Title: Insurance Officer (Non-Motor/Motor)
This role is Responsible for Underwriting/Claims of our following non-Motor & Motor Portfolio:
- Marine, Goods in Transit, Group Personal Accident, Fidelity Guarantee, Fire & Special Risks, Burglary, Group Life, Money Insurance, Industrial All Risks, Motor, etc.
- Obtain, review all documentation from the business units and forward to brokers/insurers.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of Marine/GIT declarations
- Render weekly/Monthly and other periodic reports on non motor portfolio/insurance coordinators activities.
- Supervise the activities of Insurance coordinators
- Provide technical support on Pan Africa Insurance covers.
- Update payment schedule regularly and ensure no gaps in cover as per industry regulation.
- Timely notification of claims to brokers/insurers on receipt from business units and follow up to ensure collation of all claims processing documents within 7 days
- Vet all claims processing documents for proper substantiation before submission.
- Follow up with claims adjusters / brokers/ insurers to ensure timely settlement of all claims
- Issue, receive and dispatch all marine certificates
- Ensure sum insured, clauses, exclusions and other items/conditions are in order
- Prepare and follow up on premium payments upon receipt of debit notes.
- Review Policy documents for accuracy and correctness
- Update claims schedule regularly
- Liaise with Loss adjusters and Marine superintendents for timely discharge of their duties
- Any other duty as assigned by Risk Management Department
- The position requires a graduate that has 5-10 years experience in a similar position in an insurance or brokerage firm
- The role will be expected to have a good understanding of Insurance industry practices and posses
- Excellent inter ersonal relationship in day to day business dealings with all stakeholders including Dangote group staff, Insurance coordinators, Brokers, Underwriters, Marine superintendents, and Loss adjusters
- The role shall ensure our Premium Payments are processed timely and there in no gap in cover
- The incumbent shall ensure that we gather the best quality information(data gathering) into our data base to optimize our insurance portfolio through a coordinated Risk Management program
A chance to be a part of a dynamic team optimizing operational efficiencies within Africa’s premier indigenous manufacturing conglomerate.
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply