Credit Officer Job Recruitment at Initiative for Education & Development (IDEE) – Initiative for Education and Development (IDEE) is a Non-Governmental Organization actualizing social improvement projects to help neediness lessening, supportable occupations and human limit advancement with venture workplaces in Abuja, Abeokuta and Damaturu.
Initiative for Education and Development (IDEE) – Financial Inclusion and Empowerment (IDEE – FINER) program looks to advance, reestablish and augment the solace of little scale organizations, working in groups through expanding access of ladies to reasonable advances and furthermore illuminating them through vital limit building programs.
This program works with gatherings and gathering pioneers to activate groups in the catchment region to acknowledge and make utilization of small scale credit benefits that will prompt recognizing group individuals need and support.
Vacancy Title: Credit Officer, in Initiative for Development and Education (IDEE) – Financial Inclusion and Empowerment (FINER) programme. You will remain part of the Programme team and admin staff.
Location: Waru community and Environs, FCT, Abuja
Reporting to: Programme Officer, IDEE
Your responsibilities are not but limited to the following;
- Report to and work closely with the Programme Officer of IDEE
- Facilitate the collection of loans on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Monitor members and loans and not compromise standards for bank books, bank reconciliation and other services.
- Facilitate non-financial service and capacity building activities in the community
- Submit to PO timely informative reports, summarising progress made in implementation of activities, lessons learnt, and recommendations for improvement including ad hoc reports and human interest stories that may be needed towards outputs and objectives of the Women’s Empowerment Programme (WEP)
- Submit situational and any other non-routine reports when necessary or when asked to
- Support the identification of potential new and better-fit approaches that can be developed and piloted in FINER
- Prepare weekly and monthly financial reports
- Initiate and facilitate financial inclusion strategies, financial products and services
- Conduct due diligence and risk assessments on members
- Track cash management between group leaders and members
- Conduct financial literacy, business development and money management
- She/he must have up to 1-2 years experience in Project Cycle Management and managing organizational resources with excellent analytical professional report writing capacity.
- Proven track record of financial management, capacity building/training for stakeholders including at community level and for local institutions
- Solid knowledge and understanding of community-based approaches to development and Micro-credit scheme
- A team player, analytical thinker, innovator and strategic thinker
- Excellent planning, co-ordination, and prioritization skills
- Strong facilitation, diplomatic, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to facilitate training to community-based organizations
- Ability to work in a multicultural, diverse and performance related environment
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Good command of writing in English
- Excellent communication and team-working skills with the ability to build good relations, both internally and externally
- Good computer knowledge with command of MS Office packages
- Gender and intercultural sensitivity
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times
- Positive outlook and stand-alone disposition
- Adaptable and responsive disposition relative to the demands and development of the project
- First degree in Accounting, Social Sciences, Humanities or Sciences
- Committed to IDEE’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Knowledge and understanding of working with Community-Based Organizations
- Experience in the development space and a project management certification are an added advantage
Interested candidates with experiences and skills that fits this role, Please send one-page cover letter and CV Address it to:
The Programme Manager,
Initiative for Education & Development (IDEE),
via: [email protected]
- Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Indicate the Job title and location as subject of the mail, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- IDEE is an equal opportunities organization, women and other marginalized groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 26th January 2018