ALE is an engineering specialist. The center action of the gathering involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
We are enlisting to fill the position beneath:
Business Development Manager Job Vacancies at ALE
“Job Title: Business Development Manager
Job Reference: ALE/TP/26959/4650
Job Category: Business/Strategic Management
- We are currently in a business expansion process. Our South African offices are currently covering Southern Africa and Sub-Saharan African countries. As a Business Development Manager, your challenge will be to raise awareness of the ALE brand and services for the assigned area, and establish contacts with clients which will ultimately lead to the provision of ALE’s services.
- Our industry is extremely niche, so while commercial heavy lift experience is valuable it is not a requirement. If you have confidence in your sales abilities, can open doors and engage clients with effective solutions to their heavy lift and transport problems, then we can help lift your career to new heights.
- Reporting directly to the Director – South Africa, you will be able to call upon ALE’s huge diverse array of engineering skills, equipment and operational logistics team to design, offer and then provide unique and innovative solutions to the most demanding heavy lift and transport challenges.
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals, budgets and profitability.
- Maintain accurate records of all pricing, sales, and activity.
- Create and conduct proposal presentations and ITT (Invitation to Tender) responses.
- Prepare tenders and presentations.
- Initiate and coordinate development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Provide timely feedback to senior management regarding sales performance.
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all enquiries submitted for pricing, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in Business Administration/Sales/Marketing
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a technical sales environment
- Oil & Gas and/or Power Generation
- International sales/business development
- Blend of Marketing, sales and technical
- Logistics and/or industrial construction
- Strategic analysis; Heavy lift knowledge
- Selling services
- Knowledge of the Nigerian market
Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent English Speaker
- Collaboration skills
- Negotiation & Persuasion skills
- Project Management Skills
- Computer skills
- Business Intelligence
- Strategic and analytical skills
- Creative and Innovative
- Eligible to work in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Valid passport
- Willing to travel
- International driving licence
- Professional presentation
- Pro-active and taking initiative
- Target driven/competitive
- Effective communicator
- Able to inspire others
- Drive change
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
Deadline 31st January, 2018.”