Bridge International Academies Recruitment for Program Officer, People Operations – Bridge International Academies is the world’s biggest and quickest developing chain of essential and pre-elementary schools with in excess of 400 foundations and 120,000 students in Kenya and Uganda.
We democratize the privilege to prevail by giving families living in destitution access to the top notch instruction that will enable their youngsters to carry on with an altogether different life.
We are selecting to fill the situation beneath:
Title: Program Officer, People Operations
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- People are at the core of what we do, from the teachers in our academies to software developers building our tech platform – and we do it at massive scale with rapid growth
- The People Operations team is the key in unlocking “people potential” towards achieving our company’s goals.
- We believe in:
- Focusing on operational excellence and execution – we want to make our employees’ and their managers’ lives simpler, and give them the tools and support to be successful. We must excel first and foremost on service delivery.
- Using analytics/data to drive key decisions and continuous improvement – across core HR competencies like compensation, performance, talent, we believe that an analytical approach will enable us to attract, reward, and retain top performers.
- Aligning with the company’s strategic objectives – we are all playing for the same team. The human resources function, along with finance, operations, legal, and other functional areas, should be fully in sync.
About the Role
- The Officer, People Operations role is a generalist position that operates at the front lines of Human Resources at Bridge
- The ideal candidate should exceptionally possess high attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and ability to manage multiple workflows and projects simultaneously. You are level-headed, disciplined, and thoroughly understand that HR must protect the Company’s interests and policies and guide employees through their career life-cycles at Bridge at the same time.
- You have a very good understanding of HR best practices and employment/labour law frameworks in Nigeria and are certified by the CIPM or its equivalent
- Last but not least – you are a gritty, never-say-die doer who relishes challenges
What You Will Do
- Separations Process: lead separations processes, including department, asset, and financial handovers – involves IT, Admin, and Payroll Accountant
- Onboarding Process: lead teams from IT, Admin, etc. in ensuring that staff are successfully on boarded
- Payroll Verification: work with Payroll Accountant to ensure that all contractors and employees are properly represented with the right deductions/additions, if any. Generate monthly report for managers on headcount
- Staff Benefits: supporting staff with questions about health coverage, managing additions to coverage, dealing with other health coverage issues
- Immigration/Work Permits/Expat Services: dealing with immigration issues/working with immigration consultants
- Asset Management: ensure that all staff have the assets they need; deal with asset recovery processes and exchanges/one-off needs. Heavy interfacing with IT and Admin
- Leave Management: assist employees with leave, generate monthly report for managers on leave balances
- Disciplinary Procedures: work with the People Ops. Director on managing these procedures
- Appeals, Grievances, Investigations: lead these processes with some direction from the People Ops. Director
- Staff Documentation: ensuring that offer letters, contracts, probation confirmations, and change of status documents are appropriately handled.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with Business Administration and/or Human Resources course specialization, with exemplary academic performance
- CIPM certified (or it’s recognized equivalent)
- Strong adherence to systems and process
- Work experience in fast-growth, rapid-scale contexts, particularly with large numbers of field staff
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- High energy and enthusiasm level; willingness to do whatever necessary to get the job done
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience preferred.
- Experience working with a culturally and socioeconomically diverse workforce
- Minimum of four years of full-time work experience in Human Resources
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office; technologically competent/quick learner
- A customer advocate – Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a startup or social enterprise.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any enterprise from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often challenging, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply