Assistant Civil /Highway Engineer Job at Proportion Construction and Dredge Works Nigeria Limited, Tuesday 22 , May 2018 – Proportion Construction and Dredge Works Nigeria Limited is in the matter of development based on an establishment of diligent work and devotion gaining practical experience in General Contracting, Construction Management, Design-Build, Consulting and Concrete. We differentiate our system to traverse from Agency, Real Estate Development, Road/Rail and Bridge Construction to Dredging yet we do as such with a higher reason.
We are enrolling to fill the situation beneath:
Title: Assistant Civil /Highway Engineer
Job Requirements and Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (Road Construction).
- 5 – 10 years practical experience.
- The successful candidate will be experienced in engineering as it relates to highway/roadway design and construction, storm water design and drainage structures, traffic engineering or a combination thereof and will have the organizational skills necessary to work closely with a lead project site engineer to complete all types of roadway design and construction projects.
- He must have knowledge of Nigerian Federal Highway roads and codes.
- The assistant Civil engineer must also have wide range of experience including aspects of concrete mix designs and quality control of construction materials and laying of asphalt.
- He must work with project site engineer on drainage constructions, pipe and box culverts, foundation knowledge of asphalt, installation of Asphalt plant machines, etc.
- The Civil engineer is also responsible for the quality control/quality assurance of all construction materials used at site.
- Assists in supervising drainage sub-contractors
- Visits site and interprets civil roadway design / highway design, drainage /Storm water Design and rehabilitation drawings on road.
- Traffic Engineering.
- Assist with contract document preparation including plans, specifications, and estimates
- Go out to site to interpret design drawings to workers;
- Write reports and provide feedback to Project site engineer
- Resolving problems – especially with unusual concrete and aggregate discrepancies, and special concrete mix designs;
- Attend planning and site meetings when special construction material related matters are discussed;
- Visit sites on a regular basis
- Ability to work under pressure with less supervision
- Must be an excellent team player
- Willingness to learn
- Must be practically oriented and with hands-on approach and commitment to work,
- Should be able to use software analysis (AUTOCAD, Civil 3d, etc) for design of roads and drainage structures
- Must have intense knowledge of surveying
- Must work with less supervision
Interested candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected] Using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail. e.g. “Assistant Civil /Highway Engineer”.
Deadline 28th May, 2018.
Note: Multiple applications from the same applicant will not be condoned.