American university of Nigeria (AUN) Recruitment for Security Advisor – The American university of Nigeria (AUN) is Africa’s premier improvement college with a mission to cultivate the production of pioneers focused on managing a vote based system in which assorted individuals share in the rights and duties of citizenship, capable in making and applying innovation to astute reason, and committed to securing an others conscious and prosperous world.
The university offers a one of a kind asset for Nigeria, West Africa, and the whole landmass in tending to vital monetary and social advancement needs.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, welcomes applications from appropriately qualified contender for the situation beneath:
Title: Security Advisor
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Atiku Centre
Summary of Position
- The Security Advisor, Atiku Center is charged with the ensuring the security of employees, capital assets, and proprietary information of the Atiku Center by providing strategic direction, tactical management, emergency planning, and disaster recovery strategies in accordance with the policies and procedures of the American University of Nigeria.
- The duties shall include but not limited to the maintenance of protection systems by developing and refining philosophy and design standards relating to protection systems (burglar, fire, and duress alarms and video coverage); re-defining procedures (international and domestic travel, kidnap, ransom, event security); examining organization security emergency response systems; reviewing building design (construction, modifications, walls, fences, and landscape); making recommendations for physical plant security improvements.
- This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Security Studies, Criminology or related discipline from a reputable University
- Should possess strong organizational and people skills
- Should possess Strong written and oral communications skills
- Should be proficient in the use of Information and Communications Technology tools and e-resources.
- A minimum of six (6) years post NYSC experience working in same or similar position.
- Experience of working in an Academic environment is highly beneficial
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Interested candidates should submit their Resumes, cover letters and references to: [email protected] The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Deadline: 10th March, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.