Action Health Incorporated (AHI) Job Recruitment 2018 – Action Health Incorporated (AHI) is a non-benefit association devoted to making open doors for youngsters’ effective change to a sound and beneficial adulthood.
We imagine a world where each youngster can achieve their maximum capacity.
We work with youngsters, group pioneers, government organizations, the private area and different partners to guarantee that arrangements and projects are emplaced to achieve this objective.
We are enrolling to fill the position underneath:
Title: GBV Manager
- The GBV Manager will lead the recruitment and training of new GBV volunteers, provide technical support to GBV staff and lead close coordination with a community-based organization (CBO) partner to ensure program quality and the achievement of program targets.
Staff Supervision & Development:
- Provide on-going supervision, leadership and technical support and guidance to all GBV program staff in the field
- Develop training and capacity building plans for all GBV program staff based on job descriptions and identified needs to encourage innovative and quality programming.
- Organize and facilitate trainings to develop capacity of GBV staff and other partner organizations to respond to cases of GBV in line with international standards
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, probations reviews and annual performance reviews. Coordinate and oversee staff work-plans, work and vacation schedules.
- If/as required identify staff performance issues and work with Human Resources to document and address these in accordance with the National Staff Employment Policies
- Adapt existing training materials to reflect field adaptations and GBV staff skills requirements; modify existing training modules and tools, develop facilitation guides, and train GBV staff as required. Related training topics include: GBV core concepts, principles of case management, guiding principles of responding to GBV.
Activity Planning & Implementation:
- Work closely with GBV staff to design activities that respond to identified needs and program goals and objectives
- Prepare and update detailed program work-plans that support and achieve the overall program goal and objectives within the desired timeline (PMT)
- Provide direction and monitor staff in their implementation of the work plan and quality of technical activities, share relevant information and direction to improve quality and achieve time-bound goals
- Work with the GBV Manager and coordinator to conduct a GBV and situational analysis in the areas of operation
- Lead the establishment of Women and girls friendly Spaces as hubs for recreational activities, life skills trainings, information and case management support
- Identify local partners and points of service and support for individuals in need of protection assistance
- Work in collaboration with the Protection partners to establish/reinforce appropriate community outreach and support structures as well as establish and/or reinforce referral pathways.
- Complete and share GBV data via GBVIMS tools
- Plan timely for procurement of resources to ensure smooth and timely implementation of activities
- Monitor monthly expenditures and track budgets; approve expenditures to designated level
- Closely coordinate with GBV manager and GBV consultant to ensure timely and compliant implementation of program activities and expenditures
- Work closely with the GBV Coordinator Manager to understand program goals and to meet expectations
- Set program strategies and a work plan, in coordination with the GBV coordinator, to meet program goals and to determine operational needs
- Analyse trends of GBV and develop/adjust program strategies to meet need
- Contribute to production of proposals for any new projects
HR Management & Staff Support:
- Support the development of codes of conduct for GBV program staff and volunteers
- Supervise and mentor GBV staff working for the project
- Develop support strategies for GBV staff and volunteers and introduce principles of self-care,
- Provide technical and program management trainings for staff and volunteers
Grant Monitoring & Reporting:
- Undertake regular communication with GBV staff to assess progress and identify technical quality issues and/or other implementation issues, provide solutions and implement modifications as required
- Provide evidence-based input in development of program proposals for expansion or continuation of GBV activities
- Develop financial pipelines in line with program implementation plans
- Ensure planned program activities are in line with the budget and executed in a timely manner
- Work with Logistics to procure program supplies within program budgets
- Adhere to AHI and donor requirements and flag any funding challenges
- Build capacity of staff in using M&E systems and tools
- Draft weekly program updates in collaboration with GBV Program Assistants and the GBV Coordinator/Consultant
- Contribute to internal and donor reports as per set schedules (bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually) on activities, indicators and achievements.
- Support the collection, analysis and dissemination of project data and information for program review and information sharing
Coordination & Representation:
- Coordinate and advocate with other governmental and non-governmental service providers to promote mainstreaming of GBV across sectors and delivery of quality multi-sectoral GBV response, at the national level
- Represent AHI GBV program in all coordination meeting in the field and share the minutes with GBV Senior Management
- Actively participate in GBV working group and relevant task force meetings for collaboration and program planning and Contribute to joint action plans
- Work with partners and community members to monitor and strengthen referral pathways
- Coordinate with UNFPA, government and NGO partners to ensure well-coordinated prevention and response activities
- Attend sector meetings to share information and lessons learnt and make joint decisions and ensure harmonization of tools and approaches across programs
- Contribute to the positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organization’s Code of Conduct
- Maintain confidentiality and uphold other principles in line with protection programming
- Ensure application and compliance of security protocols and policies
- Consider security implications of all program activities, reviewing all new initiatives with staff teams and community leaders
- Consistently and proactively monitor the safety and security of the team, promptly reporting concerns or incidents to AHI management
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop AHI programs
Measurement Outputs and Performance Indicators:
- Number of proposal you are involved in,
- Number of WFS established and are functional
- Number of Training conduct for staff and other partners,
- Number of assessment conduct or in with you have involve in,
- Number of coordination meeting attended and minutes shared with GBV SM
- Timely reports you have submitted (weekly, monthly and annually) to GBV SM
- Timely data reports you have submitted to M&E etc.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Action Health Incorporated and amongst beneficiaries served by Action Health Incorporated.
Compliance & Ethics:
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Action Health Incorporated’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Civil Law, Human Rights, Gender Development, Psychology or a relevant equivalent;
- Experience conducting assessments and a willingness to help plan assessments;
- Familiarity with systems and concepts for monitoring and evaluating project performance;
- Commitment to supporting quality programs through promotion and integration of protection principles in project work in line with international best practices (meeting or exceeding minimum standards);
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Microsoft, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) Hausa and Kanuri is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with local staff and other stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work and live in very basic living conditions in deep field locations.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision,
- Proven ability to manage a diverse staff group.
- Interest in building staff capacity via trainings, resource development, shadow visits, etc.;
- Experience working with local organizations in developing contexts;
- Ability and willingness to maintain regular presence at project sites (including all outreach and community center locations);
- Proven experience in humanitarian action and in fragile contexts
- Strong background in human rights and familiarity with practical challenges faced by displaced and other vulnerable persons,
- Direct experience and/or broad knowledge of information, referral assistance or community center-based programming;
- 4-5 years cognate experience
- Experience in project management, including donor relations and staff supervision with relief/emergency response activities, especially assessment, logistics and monitoring, are an advantage.
- Ability and willingness to work during irregular working hours when needed
Interested and qualified candidates should send a one-page suitability statement and CV with the position applied for clearly stated in the email subject line addressed via email to: [email protected]
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, Suitability Statement and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline 2nd Feburary, 2018.