SM, Finance – Business Accounting & Projects Vacancy at MainOne, Monday 23, July 2018 – MainOne’s prosperity is based on having capable and exceedingly capable individuals inside their separate fields as the main thrust behind our business.
Work in MainOne is not quite the same as some other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be tested, roused and pleased as you turn into a piece of something significant.
We are selecting to fill the situation underneath:
Title: SM, Finance – Business Accounting & Projects
Reporting Line: CFO
Job Type: Permanent
- The Senior Manager Finance will be responsible for all areas relating to project financial management and reporting, including maintenance of accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, variance reporting, capital rationing, year-end audit preparation, and the support of budget and forecast activities.
Other responsibilities include to:
- Monitors and analyzes accounting processes and related work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close, including timely completion of year-end audit
- Ensures tax and other statutory obligations are met across all jurisdictions where projects are executed.
- Ensures risk assessments are undertaken for all projects to be able to provide adequate treatments to identified perils.
- Supports CFO with special projects and project cycle workflow process improvements.
- Performs other job duties as assigned
- Review overall finance implementation on new projects, Implementation of all finance process, control, reporting and commercial/business support for new projects.
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the project financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Coordination of PRs, POs and invoice processing including payment follow up, and collaboration with project owners to ensure accurate and timely processing of financial reports.
- Responsible for the coordination, compilation, review and consolidation of projects across the group.
- Responsible for analysis and preparation of monthly management account report on projects performance against approved budgets.
- Responsible for preparation of all the reports to provide management on project status, funding gap, re-allocation, variance analysis, etc.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or any Financial course.
- Possession of an MBA will be an added advantage.
- Possession of ICAN or its equivalent is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in Accounting/ finance roles, with at least five (5) years’ experience in a managerial role.
- Advanced IFRS knowledge
- Technical & Professional proficiency
- Strong Quantitative Skills
- Research & writing skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, meet assigned deadlines and to resolve problems encountered.
- Time management skills and attention to detail
- Relationship management skills
- Leadership Skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency in AX Dynamics or its equivalent accounts’ software.
Demand on the Job:
- Able to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Able to communicate effectively in person, in writing and over the telephone with individuals and a wide variety of organisations audiences.
- Knowledge of finance, project accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Keep abreast on International Accounting Standards.
- Able and willing to work long hours and meet tight deadlines.
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply