Opportunities at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC), Thursday 22, March 2018 – Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to reclassify client encounter and be the supplier of decision wherever vitality is expended, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s biggest power dissemination arrange powers lives and organizations with advancement and steady drive for greatness.
The organization started its new period of development and extension on November first, 2013 after the handover of the old Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/KEPCO Consortium under the privatization plan of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Reporting To: Purchase / Tender Administration Supervisor
Assist in procurement of high value materials, per the approval matrix; and equipment per central list of items
- Assist in procurement of high value materials per the approval matrix and equipment’s as per central list of items.
- Prepare consolidated items of purchase for the Annual Material Plan
- Prepare the tender notice to be issued in newspaper
- Assist in conducting pre bid (techno-commercial) meeting/ clarifying and finalizing specification, time frames etc.
- Arrange for core committee meeting for short listing bidders based on techno-commercial evaluation and thereafter for finalization of party after price evaluation
- Perform vendor rating and follow up with vendor for delivery schedules
- Undertake legal verification of contract document & settlement of disputes
- Review the drawing submitted by the party, supervise inspection of material and take decision based on the inspection report together with the Head Procurement &Contracts
- Prepare requisition for quantity procurement (Technical procurement to include critical maintenance materials for both
- Technical Services and Commercial – Cables, conductor, lines accessories, Overhead (33kV, 11kV & 0.415kV lines) and
- Underground (33kV, 11kV & 0.415kV cables) construction etc) for entire IE.
- Monitor storing of materials in regional stores
- Review monthly stock statements and take required action
- Maintaining Stores management information system
- Process the claims of the stolen assets (like transformers, conductors, breakers, etc)
- Monitor materials/requirements movement from store to store and from manufacturing end to work site
- Ensure timely realization of insurance claims from the insurance companies
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Head Department of the company
B.Sc / HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or any other related field
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a technical environment
Electricity Industry Regulatory Knowledge
Vendor Selection & Management
Safety and Health Compliance
Communication and Interpersonal Relations
Problem Solving and Decision Making
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS OFFICER
Reporting To: Geographic Information Systems Coordinator
Asset mapping, data creation, management, and analysis to support comprehensive planning processes and activities within Ikeja Electric
- Designing, implementing, customizing and maintaining Utility (electricity) specific GIS.
- Providing quality control with regard to discipline specific in-house data capture (data conversion), the evaluation of data acquired from the field and network database construction.
- Developing, maintaining and updating the Business Unit GIS databases for planning, monitoring and decision making purposes.
- Manipulating GIS data to create information products to meet electricity distribution and marketing needs.
- Developing and applying GIS analysis solutions to meet the overall business needs.
- Serving as the GIS technical lead and point of contact on GIS and related matters at the BU level.
- Capture GIS data in different formats using GPS, electronic data recorders, digitizers, and other means.
- Download, convert and upload GIS data available from internal and external sources to make them user-friendly.
- Catalog and inventory GIS data, including metadata creation.
- Input, update and maintain GIS databases, including backups and also maintaining linkages to other databases.
- Perform GIS spatial analyses.
- Capture and update network data as regards new or previously uncaptured customers, network components and so on.
- Create map layouts and views, and generate maps and reports.
- Develop new applications and train others in the use of these applications.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs
- Assist in Carry out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department
B.Sc in Geography, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Geology, Surveying, Urban Planning and Geographic Information Systems
General knowledge of IT skills, including the use and manipulation of SQL databases and spreadsheets, and knowledge of specialized software packages such as ESRI ArcGIS or QGIS
- Network Location Mapping
- Network Data Analysis Management
- Electricity Industry Regulatory Knowledge
- Customer Information Management
- Spatial Network Data Management
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
- Presentation Skills
Click on Job Title below:
DEADLINE: 4 April, 2018
FOR MORE Engineering Jobs in Nigeria CLICK LINK.