Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Recruitment for Logistics Officer, March 2018 – The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, autonomous, compassionate association taking a shot at all parts of the displaced person cause in excess of 30 nations all through the world.
The point of DRC is to secure exiles and inside uprooted people (IDPs) against oppression and to elevate solid answers for the issues of constrained movement, based on compassionate standards and human rights.
DRC works as per the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are selecting to fill the situation underneath:
Title: Logistics Officer
About the Job
- We are currently looking for a highly qualified Logistics Officer who can support our team to implement multi-sector programs through the coordination of field base logistical support operations
Duties and Responsibilities
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Assist the Emergency manager & the senior officer to develop, coordinate and manage a Food/Nutrition Distribution project in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Assist the EM to represent Food/Nutrition distribution project in internal and external forums
- Assist the EM in project documentation, conducting of field assessments, profiling, distribution and community sensitization
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Assist the EM to manage, train and develop the Food/Nutrition Distribution team on nutrition screening and distribution
- Ensure high technical quality and transparent processes
- To be successful in this role we expect you to knowledgable on logistic and operations management, particularly within an INGO context.
- You should have organization and people management skills, as well as the flexibility to work with competing priorities.
- Team work and motivation is a must.. All employees should master DRC’s core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- 2-5 years’ experience in logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management & inventory.
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel.
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Understanding and experience of security management.
- Experience from working in an (I)NGO
- Contract length: 5 months
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
- Level: SB3
- Start date: April 10, 2018
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply
- “DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.”
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.