International Rescue Committee Recruitment for Nutrition Nurse, March 2018 – The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s biggest philanthropic organizations, gives help, restoration and post-struggle remaking backing to casualties of cataclysmic event, persecution and vicious clash in 42 nations.
The IRC is focused on intense authority, development and innovative organizations. Dynamic in general wellbeing, training, employments, ladies’ strengthening, youth improvement, and assurance and advancement of rights, IRC helps individuals from damage to home.
We are selecting to fill the situation beneath:
Title: Nutrition Nurse
Job Purpose / Objective
- To implement and monitor the nutrition project interventions aimed at contributing to improved children wellbeing outcomes within the operation area.
- Ensure quality and timely identification and treatment of medical complications associated with malnutrition in SC in liaison with the clinical services .Give and advice on the drug regimen for children in the SC.
- Supervise and coordinate the strict patient management of children in the Stabilization centre and ensure the laid protocols are followed.
- Participate in daily ward rounds in the SC ward with the medical team.
- Strictly Monitor and record the vital signs as required and report any deviation from the Normal
- Prepare for and assist the doctors during the rounds and whenever required.
- Escort patient to other referral hospital when necessary.
- Maintain equipment’s in good condition and submit regular inventory report of the same.
- Maintain drug registers and drug consumption within the ward level.
- Ensure that all admissions, discharges, transfers and deaths are properly recorded as they occur.
- Ensure the establishment of nutrition monitoring activities and train health staff in case detection and referral system.
- Improvement of the MIYCN program in the ward and ensure mother establish breastfeeding while in the ward
- Monitor therapeutic Feeds and ensure that children get 3 hourly therapeutic feeds as required.
- Ensure timely reporting in accordance with set deadlines.
- Improve the provision of quality nutrition counseling in the hospital
- Plan and Conduct continuous monitoring of the OTP and SC patient management through quality of care (QoC) assessments.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented on patient’s charts.
- Refer to the doctor in charge or to the doctor on call relevant information such as patient’s status and laboratory results, which would assist in proper clinical management.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living while in the ward.
- Arrange and submit weekly ward work schedule and plan daily duties and responsibilities for each refugee staff.
- Diploma in Nursing.
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Nigeria
- Must possess at least three (3) years’ experience in implementing nutrition related activities in a busy community set up.
- S/He must possess ability to analyze and interpret both quantitative and qualitative programmed data.
- Must possess excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have cognate skills in computer appreciation.
- MUST possess a high level of integrity and with good interpersonal skills
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions.
- Addition nutrition training in CMAM is an added advantage.
- Strong background in humanitarian projects.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, E- mail, out look
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Strong communication skills, oral, written and presentation.
- Previous experience in North east-Nigeria
- Previous experience working in insecure contexts
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
Standards for Professional Conduct
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct.
- These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Interested candidates should send their Cover Letter and Resume in MS word with the position applied for clearly stated as the subject of the email, addressed to the “HR Coordinator, International Rescue Committee”, via Email to: [email protected] or hand delivered to the Maiduguri Field Office
Deadline 25th March, 2018.
- CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.