NNCMC facilitates external trade in the non-oil sector and help in the resuscitation of ailing local industries through the provision of needed raw materials. It is expected that within a very short time the impact of the company would be felt by the farmer, the consuming public and the nation’s economy.
Grade Level: Executive Management
The Managing Director (MD) is the Chief executive and Administrative Officer of the company and is responsible to the Board of Directors for the day-today management the company
He or she is expected to give positive leadership and direction towards the realization of the objectives of the company
The specific duties of the Managing Director include the following:
- Leadership and oversight of the New Nigeria Commodity Marketing Company Limited;
- Preparation and Submission of Strategic Plans and Budgets of the company to the Board of Directors
- Successful implementation of the company’s approved plans and budgets;
- Monitoring and controlling the financial performance of the company through monthly reviews and reporting;
- Building and maintaining an efficient management team;
- Ensuring prudent management of resources, financial transparent presentation to the Board of all incomes and expenditure of the company monthly
- Safeguarding and ensuring the integrity of all assets of the company;
- Working closely with the project handling field operations,
- Ensuring efficient supply chain management and effective coordination of staff, consultants and strategic partners including local contractors, brokers and buying agents,
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Board
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of first Degree in Agricultural Economics, Agriculture Business Administration or related fields.
- Possession of a higher Degree and professional qualification will be added advantage
Minimum of 15 years relevant experience in relation to building businesses around agricultural commodity marketing and trade, Supply chain management, financial services for the agricultural sector, storage and warehousing receipt systems, etc. 5 of this 15 years relevant experience must be at management level managing teams with responsibilities for key performance indicators
- Must have strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills, and creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to lead, develop and retain high performing individuals
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience in Public-Private Partnerships will be an added advantage
- Competence in computer applications.
- Working experience/knowledge of Africa preferably Nigeria and it’s Northern States
- Experience in Project implementation and management
How To Apply
Applicants should kindly forward their applications which should include CV and Cover Letter containing suitability statement explaining why you think you are especially qualified for the job, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copies by post to:
P.O. Box 6500,