Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
- The Logistics assistant will be based in Damasak and will support the Logistics Officer. He/she will manage the delivery process of items ordered from suppliers.
- The Logistics Assistant will manage and supervise the security guards and daily workers at the base.
- He/she will be in charge of stock and premises management according to Action Against Hunger best practices.
- The Logistics Assistant will be in charge of archiving and scanning all purchase documents at the base.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain or any other equivalent course.
- A minimum of 1 year working experience in logistics or procurement.
- Proven knowledge and experience of logistics core competencies
- Strong computer skills including all Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience in the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Fluency in English, Hausa and Kanuri.
- Sound knowledge of Action Against Hunger Logistics procedures and kitlog
- To be an inhabitant of Mobbar LGA or nearby LGAs
- High level of flexibility and self-motivation.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.