We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development.
Use every disposable tool in your arsenal – including but definitely not limited to – analytical thinking, content marketing, gamification, product engineering, UX ……s, partnerships and an affiliate/influencer network, to make growth happen.
Own and fine tune the USP, customer facing brand persona and communication
• Manage a team of content writers & designers to create relevant, attractive and intuitive customer facing conten
Work with local social media & community managers to develop winning growth strategies.
Coordinate with the central marketing team for events, press releases, partnerships and eco-system initiatives – a typical day would include numerous exchanges with the local teams on a) feedback/input and b) ensure successful and timely execution of agreed plans c) mingling with local influencers d) enjoying the growth
Have experience in challenging, hyper growth environments
• Love peer-to-peer economy, social media, design and all things creative and online
Understand users and what motivates them online
• Ideally also speak French or at least willing to learn a word or two Supported by a strong team, you will report directly to the Jumia Market MD.
This position could be based in Lagos, Nigeria or Nairobi, Kenya with travel across the continent.
* Must possess excellent written communication and must be able to develop original campaign messaging, copy and content.
* Must possess advanced working knowledge of Google Office Tools and Microsoft Office tools including Spreadsheet and Excel skills.
* Must possess exceptionally strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills with a passion for data with a clear understanding of analytics, metrics and statistics.
* Ability to develop a great understanding of our brand, our target segments and the potential of our story
* Demonstrated proficiency with multiple tactics and channels of inbound and outbound demand generation, including, but not limited to email, drip marketing, PPC, SEO, Social, webinars, events, telesales, etc.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
* BSc or equivalent in any field from a reputable University
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in digital marketing, acquisition, product, analytics and/or optimization
* Must be familiar with and excited by the growth ……ing concept
* Must have prior experience in a technology based startup
* Experience with customer acquisition and full-funnel growth activities a plus
* Experience in brand marketing and growth ……ing for both B2C and B2B facing products
* Advanced knowledge of best practices in marketing automation, lead nurturing and demand generation.
* Experience with Google Analytics and other analytical tools
* Demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast paced environment